Federal Student Loan Exit Counseling
If you have received one or more federal loans while attending St. George's University and now meet one of the conditions below, you will be required to complete federal exit counseling:
1. Applied for Graduation
2. Degree Requirements
4. Not currently enrolled (Withdrawn)
5. Enrolled for less than 6 credits
6. Leave of Absence
- If you plan on enrolling at least half-time in the future at St. George's University or any other college or university, you are still required to complete the exit counseling at this time.
- The purpose of the exit counseling is to help you understand your rights and responsibilities, options for repayment, and give you information on your eligibility for discharge or forgiveness programs.
- You must complete the interactive NSLDS Exit Counseling Session on-line by signing into your account at Studentloans.gov. Once you are signed in, click "Complete Counseling" and then click on the "Exit Counseling" link to complete your online session. Please note you must complete your Exit Counseling within 30 days of separation.
- You can obtain a full list of your Federal Loans at the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) nslds.ed.gov under "Financial Aid Review"
- Additional information about Federal Loan Exit Counseling can be found at studentloans.gov
- If you have borrowed any private loans, you could also go to annualcreditreport.com to obtain information on those loans.
- To obtain information on the many repayment options available please access the following link studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans
If you have any questions or need more counseling, please do not hesitate to contact your Financial Aid Counselor.