School of Medicine
Financial Aid Quicksheets
Below is a "Quicksheet" outlining your financial aid requirements for the upcoming academic year.
You may use this as a quick point of reference when completing your financial aid requirements.
For additional, more detailed information, please visit the Federal Loan Application Instructions page.
January 2020 MD - Financial Aid Information
Requirements to Complete: U.S. Federal Loan Borrowers
1. 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov
SGU SOM Code - G22333
2. Visit studentaid.gov and confirm that all of the following are completed:
Complete Entrance Counseling
Sign Master Promissory Notes for the Direct Unsubsidized loan and the Grad PLUS Loan
Click "Apply for a Direct PLUS Loan" link to fill out an application for the Grad PLUS Loan
3. Once accepted & deposited, you will be notified via email of your loan offer:
Log into SGU "Student Self Service" at selfservice.sgu.edu and follow this path to accept your loan offers:
a) Financial Aid
c) Award for Aid Year
d) Enter Award Year: 2019-2020
e) Choose "Accept Award Offer" tab
*Students can accept a partial amount to avoid borrowing unnecessary funds. If you accept a loan amount greater than the balance owed to SGU, you will be issued a loan refund to be used for your education-related living expenses.
4. To receive your loan refund via fastest method available: enroll in Direct Deposit (Optional) for any loan refund directly deposited in your U.S. bank account instead of via paper check to your U.S. Permanent Mailing Address
Estimated Cost of Attendance - Student Budget
Rates updated as of May 2019; subject to change.
Financial Aid Eligibility
*If the student meets all statutory eligibility criteria then this is a sample of the maximum eligibility
| Additional Information|
- Once you accept your loan offers, we then transmit your loan data to the US Department of Education to receive confirmation of your completed Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Notes, and Grad Plus credit approval. The information will download into our system within 2-3 business days
- By completing the "Title IV Authorization Form" on SGU Student Self Service you are allowing the University to apply your federal funds to billed expenses other than tuition, fees and on campus housing
Current Interest Rate*
Current Loan Fee*:
Deducted prior to disbursement
|Grad PLUS Loan||7.08%||4.236%|
*Interest rates as of July 1st & Origination fees as of October 1st. Subject to change