Financial Aid Quicksheet
Below is a "Quicksheet" outlining your financial aid requirements for the upcoming academic year.
You may use this as a quick point of reference when completing your financial aid requirements.
For additional, more detailed information, please visit the MPH Standalone page.
August 2019 MPH - Financial Aid Information
Applying for a Sallie Mae Loan
- Go to Sallie Mae and choose "Health Professions Graduate Loan
- Select "Apply for this Loan" to begin your loan application
- Complete the "Basic Information" section and choose your school
- St. George's University, School of Medicine will be listed under the "Outside the US" option
- Complete the "School Information" as follows:
- School: St. George's University, School of Medicine, 02233300
- Degree/Certificate of Study: Masters
- Major: Public Health
- Enrollment Status: Full Time
- Grade level: 1st year Masters/Doctorate
- Academic Period of Loan: Provide Your Own (August 2019 - July 2020)
- Anticipated graduation/completion: July 2020
- Complete the "Loan Amount" section using the information from your estimated cost of attendance
- Follow the instructions to complete the rest of your application and submit
Things to Consider
- Sallie Mae is the only lender available that is providing private education loans to SGU
- Private loans may have variable or fixed interest rates and interest rates as well as overall loan approval will be based on your credit and the criteria of the lender
- Request a copy of your credit report online at annualcreditreport.com and reconcile any problems prior to matriculation
- If a student cannot obtain a loan because of a negative credit rating, school funds cannot be awarded to replace the loan
- In many situations a co-signer will be required to obtain the loan
- Sallie Mae has various repayment options:
- Interest Repayment Option: Full interest payment while in school
- Fixed Repayment Option: $25 monthly payment while in school
- Deferred Repayment Option: No payment is required while in school
- There are no prepayment penalties under any of these repayment plans; making payments whenever possible is encouraged to minimize total overall debt
*Final Term and Practicum assumes 4% increase for Tuition and Room as of May 2020. All fees subject to change.